The Dawn Of Time
The Official Forums for the Dawn Of Time Mud Codebase

Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search The Dawn Of Time Forum Index Goto the Official Dawn Website

[Solved] Globally Disabling MXP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pixie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:48 am    Post subject: [Solved] Globally Disabling MXP Reply with quote

I do love the functionality, but the appearance tends to be a little jarring to me.

I haven't been able to find an option to disable MXP in gameedit, and I was wondering if there is an established way to do it.

Last edited by Pixie on Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Daos

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Globally Disabling MXP Reply with quote

Pixie wrote:
I do love the functionality, but the appearance tends to be a little jarring to me.

I haven't been able to find an option to disable MXP in gameedit, and I was wondering if there is an established way to do it.

May be jarring to you, but not others Wink

This is one of the reasons why the MXP option is set as a individual preference rather than global along with many other features within the Dawn source. The main goal of the development of Dawn was to provide highly customisable & feature rich environment for individuals and developers. From game flags, MXP, custom color scheme & template editing, etc etc.

If you don't care for it, you can just type mxp off and it will save that configuration to your pfile. Creating a global function that disables MXP across the board though is too time consuming for what little benefit there would be.

http://www.dawnoftime.org
Pixie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Globally Disabling MXP Reply with quote

Daos wrote:
May be jarring to you, but not others Wink

That's a fair point. Disabling it for me personally is quite a bit more reasonable.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Dawn Of Time Forum Index » Coding All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: