The Dawn Of Time
The Official Forums for the Dawn Of Time Mud Codebase

Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search The Dawn Of Time Forum Index Goto the Official Dawn Website

stat/maxhp race equality

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheshik

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:24 am    Post subject: stat/maxhp race equality Reply with quote

Hello Guys,

Here are some thoughts on how races are orginized in DoT.

1) Stats
I have seen already some threads about DoT and original ROM based stats and their meaning. While i am totally OK with having 10 stats instead of 5, what actually bothers me a bit is that idea of % of the best individual of the given race.
You see, now human and giant with strength=100 are the same from the viewpoint of all skills! There is nothing to compare races against each other. It is clear that giant should be more powerful than pixie, but you can generate the characters of both races with equal modifiers.
I checked how stats affect skills/spells and it seems to me that indeed there is no differences between races if the same modifiers for a relevant stat are for two different chars.

I would love to hear your comments on current DoT system and correct me if i am wrong here.

2) Maxhp
All races have different maxhp, OK, at least here we got some difference.
But now the problem is in the other place - maxhps are the same for warrior and mage.
Was it original design? Is it balanced by damage done by different classes?
I did not test mage and warrior against each other for levels 1-91, so i am do not know yet. But from what i already saw playing a bit and messing with the code, it seems that this maxhps are not balanced.

Again, would love to hear your comments and correct me if i am wrong...

Many thanks in advance!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Dawn Of Time Forum Index » Design All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: