The Dawn Of Time
The Official Forums for the Dawn Of Time Mud Codebase

Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search The Dawn Of Time Forum Index Goto the Official Dawn Website

Lands of Oneiro - First Alpha Test March 1st - 4th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Dawn Of Time Forum Index » New Dawn Mud Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mmoritz80

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject: Lands of Oneiro - First Alpha Test March 1st - 4th Reply with quote

Lands of Oneiro will be a free-to-play Multi-User Dungeon game set in a unique high fantasy universe. One of the greatest hopes that I have for Lands of Oneiro is that the world that will be one worth exploring and the stories will be fun to experience. With the date for the first alpha test approaching, I want to have ready a minimum viable product to play around with. This will be a brief test of the game design concept overall. The goal is to gain useful feedback – from both the game engine and the play-testers. I can't wait to share the beginning of the adventure!

Features:
* Game code is based off Dawn 1.69s_beta5.
* No need for character approval from the game staff. Play and level up immediately!
* Roleplay is encouraged but not required.
* LoO is a PK-Free MUD. Game code prevents all player killing and stealing from players.
* No permanent death. Return to life in your home city with your equipment nearby.
* Simple character creation and passive tutorials get you into the game quickly

Alpha testing is expected to cover the following gameplay:
* passive, class-specific tutorial
* rewritten and organized Helpfile System
* Dusk Elf Mage Storyline - Chapter One

If you're interested in following the project, my dev blog is here: http://thelonelygamergirl.com/

Connection Information: www.lands-of-oneiro.net:6000

Melissa's Game Dev Blog
mmoritz80

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine a high fantasy world with active gods and powerful magics. As the ragged edge of oblivion approaches, the unknowable horrors from the ocean depths awaken to enslave all. Shadow demons from shattered lands beyond the veil invade to destroy all life.

A powerful Sorcerer offers his people protection but his iron grip brokers no freedom for those living in his kingdom. The cult of an ancient evil has taken root among the Dwarves of Lamorth and their council is unprepared to handle the crisis. The haughty Dawn Elves arrive to fight for their goddess, but they can't set aside their persecution of the Dusk Elves to focus on the impending war.

Melissa's Game Dev Blog
slowlane

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:52 pm    Post subject: Is it going to be up? Reply with quote

I cannot connect.

mmoritz80

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure why not. I'm in the game with two characters right now. So far three players have stopped by to test things out today.

Are you connecting to:
www.lands-of-oneiro.net on port 6000?

If you need to use the iP address instead it is:
192.95.60.227 on port 6000

Melissa's Game Dev Blog
Daos

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:39 am    Post subject: Re: Lands of Oneiro - First Alpha Test March 1st - 4th Reply with quote

mmoritz80 wrote:
Lands of Oneiro will be a free-to-play Multi-User Dungeon game set in a unique high fantasy universe. One of the greatest hopes that I have for Lands of Oneiro is that the world that will be one worth exploring and the stories will be fun to experience. With the date for the first alpha test approaching, I want to have ready a minimum viable product to play around with. This will be a brief test of the game design concept overall. The goal is to gain useful feedback – from both the game engine and the play-testers. I can't wait to share the beginning of the adventure!

Features:
* Game code is based off Dawn 1.69s_beta5.
* No need for character approval from the game staff. Play and level up immediately!
* Roleplay is encouraged but not required.
* LoO is a PK-Free MUD. Game code prevents all player killing and stealing from players.
* No permanent death. Return to life in your home city with your equipment nearby.
* Simple character creation and passive tutorials get you into the game quickly

Alpha testing is expected to cover the following gameplay:
* passive, class-specific tutorial
* rewritten and organized Helpfile System
* Dusk Elf Mage Storyline - Chapter One

If you're interested in following the project, my dev blog is here: http://thelonelygamergirl.com/

Connection Information: www.lands-of-oneiro.net:6000

Good luck to you. Always remember its a labor of love. Don't allow anything or anyone to get you discouraged.

http://www.dawnoftime.org
Daos

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmoritz80 wrote:
I am not sure why not. I'm in the game with two characters right now. So far three players have stopped by to test things out today.

Are you connecting to:
www.lands-of-oneiro.net on port 6000?

If you need to use the iP address instead it is:
192.95.60.227 on port 6000

I came to say hello and experienced the same issue. It is likely due to you having the game wizlocked - a connection password is required to enter. I personally would discourage using wizlock if you are seeking feedback from players. If they are not going to be allowed to keep their pfiles for the sake of integrity, you can insert that disclaimer in with your MOTD.

http://www.dawnoftime.org
mmoritz80

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Alpha Test One has been wrapped up for a while. I'm still working on the content for Test Two. I've been a little slowed by down long hours at work and recovery from a car collision last week. I'll have the game up and open again soon. Smile

Melissa's Game Dev Blog
Nightmoon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to play, too! Do you remove the wizlock when it's open to the public, or do you give out the password? Where do I follow to know when it's open again?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Dawn Of Time Forum Index » New Dawn Mud Announcements All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: