The Dawn Of Time
The Official Forums for the Dawn Of Time Mud Codebase

Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search The Dawn Of Time Forum Index Goto the Official Dawn Website

Help Requests

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skye

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:05 pm    Post subject: Help Requests Reply with quote

Is there any indepth help files/tutorials on the gameedit command or the diety creation command? Mainly i would like to know what each flag in teh gameedit command does and what teh symbol vnums are for (I guess it would be something given to the player that worships them) Oh and is there Any helps/tutorials on how to create autoquests.
Thanks in advance.

ganieda

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for gameedit, go into gameedit by typing gameedit confirm (i assume you know this already). Then type show to see some information.

Type command to see a list of available commands in gameedit, most (if not all) will tell you how to use them if you type them without an argument.

A few of the commands you will notice are flags, flags2, etc...through 4. Typing each of these will bring up a list of gamesetting flags, which are for the most part named so that you can figure out what they do, or at least have an idea. To toggle these flags type flags# <flag>. ie, flags sublevels_enabled or flags3 gain_hp_when_leveling (i assume you can figure out what both of these flags do.)

when you're done, type done, then savegameset to save your changes.

Code:
bool dedit_symbol( char_data *ch, char *argument )
{
   char arg[MIL];
   DEITY_DATA *pD;
   argument = one_argument(argument,arg);

if ( IS_NULLSTR(argument))
    {
      ch->println("Syntax: symbol [number 1-4] [vnum]");
      ch->println("        The symbol denotes the symbol object that will be");
      ch->println("        used for when the player has stacked up enough favour");
      ch->println("        points.  They will then be able to summon the symbol to");
      ch->println("        show that they are loyal followers.");
      return false;
    }

the deity system isn't complete...as far as i know the favor that this excerpt talks about isn't imped, or any way to use said favor to summon a symbol. If you plan on using the deity system in your mud, it needs some heavy work first.

autoquests are done with mprogs...there's not really a helpfile for how to create them because it's really up to you how you go about it.

As a simple example, an autoquest might be that a player asks a mob for a quest, the mob tells the player to go get an item. when the player returns and gives the item to the mob, it gives a special quest item to the player as a reward. it would be done like so:

-create an mprog with a speech trigger, with the value "quest" or whatever you want to trigger the mob to give the quest. in that mprog the mob should tell the player what to find.
-make sure that item is somewhere in the realm ^.^
-create an mprog with a give trigger, with the value being the vnum of the object you want them to give the mob for the quest. in that mprog the mob should load the quest item and give it to the player.

it is possible to get a little more complex, have the mob load a token and give it to the player once they've done the quest, then have the mob ignore players with that token. This will only let players do the quest once.

For help on mobprogs, read help mobprog, help variables, help mpexamples, as well as mobhelp and ifhelp

good luck =]

Skye

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The command to find hte flags is not the problem Understanding what the flags are is. (I guess it must he hard for someone who knows the mud wel to understand how a newbie could not figure this out but I am afraid I dont get some of them)

These are the flags I am curious about either what do they mean or what are thier purposes.

sublevels_enabled (what is a sublevel?)
no_bias_against_rerolling
role_rolemaster_stats
use_rolemaster_modifiers
max_align_range22
no_weblog
use_laston_imm_value
no_tell_restrictions (how would tells be restricted?)
automatic_letheroing
thief_system_enabled
killer_system_enabled

Skye

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:23 pm    Post subject: oops found the answers to what a sublevel was Reply with quote

I musta miss typed it in help but I did find out what a sublevel was, sorry for being goofy there

ganieda

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sublevels_enabled (what is a sublevel?)
if enabled, once you get to level 50, you start getting sublevels. As your level increases, so does the number of sublevels required. see help sublevel for a detailed explanation

no_bias_against_rerolling
if disabled, the more you reroll a character (reroll the stats that is) the harder it is to get better stats. This is meant to deter (sp?) people who spend 12 hours a day for 3 weeks rolling stats.

role_rolemaster_stats
if enabled, the maximum for one stat is 100. if not enabled, it is based on the roll_min_total and roll_max_total gamesettings.

use_rolemaster_modifiers
rolemaster mods have to do with the modifier you get based on your current stat...rather than explain it i'll post the code out of handler.cpp:
Code:
   if(GAMESETTING(GAMESET_USE_ROLEMASTER_MODIFIERS)){
         if(ch->perm_stats[stat] > 90){
            ch->modifiers[stat] = (ch->perm_stats[stat]-90)*2+20;
         }else if(ch->perm_stats[stat] > 70){
            ch->modifiers[stat] = ch->perm_stats[stat]-70;
         }else if(ch->perm_stats[stat] < 26){
            ch->modifiers[stat] = -26 + ch->perm_stats[stat];
         }
      }else{
         if(ch->perm_stats[stat] > 95){
            ch->modifiers[stat] = (ch->perm_stats[stat]-95)*3+45;
         }else if(ch->perm_stats[stat] > 85){
            ch->modifiers[stat] = (ch->perm_stats[stat]-85)*2+25;
         }else if(ch->perm_stats[stat] > 60){
               ch->modifiers[stat] = ch->perm_stats[stat]-60;
         }else if(ch->perm_stats[stat] < 26){
               ch->modifiers[stat] = -26 + ch->perm_stats[stat];
         }
      }

max_align_range22
if enabled, a character's alliance and tendency can be between -2 and 2, instead of the default -3 and 3.

no_weblog
has to do with web logging, something that i am not familiar with at all...the code says this:
Quote:
// Web log stuff - can use with webalizer (http://www.mrunix.net/webalizer)
// and other website stat generating software

use_laston_imm_value
if enabled, players of level equal or greater than the gamesetting "laston_level_for_immortal_version" will see the immortal version of the laston records, that is, instead of seeing the "So and so has been on within the last 2 hours or is currently online" they will see an exact time.

no_tell_restrictions (how would tells be restricted?)
if enabled, all players can send tells to each other instead of the default setting which only allows players to exchange tells with immortals (nobles can send ntells and newbie support players and newbies can send tells as well with the default settings.)

automatic_letheroing
Hero level is level 91 by default, the highest mortal level. It comes with some special things, and in order to get it a flag has to be set on the plaeyr so that they can hero (if it's not set they get a "You would have heroed" message instead of gaining that last level) This was done because on dawn players received a hero quest which they had to complete before they could hero. If you enable the setting, players will be able to attain level 91 without having the flag set on them.

thief_system_enabled, killer_system_enabled
thief and killer system are for the mprog if checks is_thief and is_killer. They are set when a player steals or kills, respectively.

Hope this helps =]

Skye

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:13 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thank you so much for helping the dumb newbie. Hopefully my questions will be less as I go.

ganieda

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't feel dumb! i found myself looking alot of the ones you asked about up in the code...like I said.../most/ should be self-explanatory, all are not, even to those of us who've been around for a while

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Dawn Of Time Forum Index » Helpfiles All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: