The Dawn Of Time
The Official Forums for the Dawn Of Time Mud Codebase

Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search The Dawn Of Time Forum Index Goto the Official Dawn Website

Gameedit Suggestion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skye

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 3:00 pm    Post subject: Gameedit Suggestion Reply with quote

I dont know if this has been a problem on already running muds or not. Basically its a forseeable problem on my mud. When you goooc you are removed from the zone, this allows the zone to repop faster (unless I am clueless and it does not act like rom muds) then a person can recall back to the place he just left. Not a bad idea...unless he found soem uber mob or mega money making (ie a pile of gold in a treasury) in these cases said players does goooc waits for repop returns and rekills mob/gets money/eq what ever and then repeats till he is rich. An option in gameedit that allows yuo to toggle weather a player recalls from ooc to his ic room or his recall room wuold be nice (I have put a fix for this in the hard code by why not be lazy *wink*)

My 2 cents worth (2.58 cents for your americans)

grimnard

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting idea i hadnt thought of that if you wouldnt mind posting your code ill make a game setting flag in gameedit file for it and post it after your code

thanks
grimnard drand

telnet://play.awtw.net:5556/
http://www.awtw.net/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Skye

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:29 pm    Post subject: Not sure my code is what you would need Reply with quote

Well my code simply removes the IC recall since I dont want ic recall, not sure that would be what your looking for, you I believe would want to offer a choice between the two ic and recall rooms

Skye

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:29 pm    Post subject: Not sure my code is what you would need Reply with quote

Well my code simply removes the IC recall since I dont want ic recall, not sure that would be what your looking for, you I believe would want to offer a choice between the two ic and recall rooms

ganieda

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You realize by doing this you allow the player to recall to the city without losing any move points (it normally costs them half of what they have)?

Furthermore, it really reduces playability simply because whether your hunting in a difficult area or having a nice chat with a friend far from town, if you need to goooc for whatever reason, you can't come back. This then will cause players to go afk while they're ic, and other 'abuse' problems will surface, such as players regenerating karns while they're at the grocery store, or asleep, or whatever.

imho, it is not really a problem....if people want to wait ooc for their area to repop, more power to them. mobs give less xp if you kill them more often, anyways.

Skye

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it depends on ones desires for the mud. I personally feel it is better to have them recall. However that is why I suggested it be added as a togglable feature on the mud So you can either go to recall or the last ic as the imm desires. Thank god we dont all want teh same mud. life would be boring.

As for moves if you the same recall for leaving ooc as you do for ic recall there should be no problem. or add a simple if move is greater then 0 divide by 2 statement.

Skye

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Dawn Of Time Forum Index » Suggestions All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: