The Dawn Of Time
The Official Forums for the Dawn Of Time Mud Codebase

Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search The Dawn Of Time Forum Index Goto the Official Dawn Website

mixedit cooking help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Dawn Of Time Forum Index » Configuration/Online Editing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darcy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 5:47 am    Post subject: mixedit cooking help Reply with quote

I was reading an earlier post on herbalism, but its brought up a question, out of mixedit, is herbalism the only type of mix that works?

I tried to create a cooking type mix but dispite deleteing and redoing it twice I have yet to get it to work. am I supost to use the command herbalism [cauldron or mortar] to mix all of the available mix types?

what about the type set on those ingredients? for herbalism its supost to be herb, is that true for cooking etc? includeing the resulting object.

This is my test mix
-=============================== Mixture Data ==============================-
Name: Chocolate pudding
Created by: Darcy
Locked: NO
Type: cooking
Vessel: [cauldron]
Difficulty: trivial (30)
Template VNUM: 1006
Ingredient Amount Needed
1. 0 0 ((null object))
2. 1003 1 (milk)
3. 1004 1 (puddling powder)
4. 0 0 ((null object))
5. 0 0 ((null object))
-=============================== Result Data ===============================-
Name: Chocolate pudding
Short: chocolate pudding
Long: Ready to eat chocolate pudding
Item Type: [food]
Wear Flags: [take]
[v0] Food hours: [24]
[v1] Full hours: [24]
[v3] Poisoned: No

********This is the two ingredients needed to make it

Vnum: 1004 Type: herb Level: 0 Area[45]: test.are
Cost: 200 Weight: 1 Condition: 100 Material: unknown
Absolute size: 0 Relative size: 50
Name: pudding powder
Short desc: puddling powder
Long descr: A box of pudding powder
There are no extended descriptions.
Wear Flags: [take hold]
Extra Flags: [none]
Extra2 Flags: [none]
Class Allowances: all classes

********I do know I could have done milk diffrently but hey i just want to get it to work for now

Vnum: 1003 Type: herb Level: 0 Area[45]: test.are
Cost: 100 Weight: 2 Condition: 100 Material: unknown
Name: a bottle of milk
Short desc: milk
Long descr: A bottle of milk
Extra Flags: [inventory]

*******the resulting item

Vnum: 1006 Type: food Level: 0 Area[45]: test.are
Cost: 50 Weight: 2 Condition: 100 Material: unknown
Name: chocolate pudding
Short desc: chocolate pudding
Long descr: Ready to eat Chocolate pudding
Extra Flags: [inventory]
[v0] Food hours: [24]
[v1] Full hours: [24]
[v3] Poisoned: No

So what am I doing wrong?
when i put the powder and milk in a cauldron(actualy a bowl set with the cauldron flag)
and type

herbalism bowl
You try to combine the ingredients, but they yield no useful result.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tobias

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I have seen that your post hasn't gotten any replies that I see so I set to trying to figure it out. From what I have discovered, it seems that the only one that works is type: herbalism. Cooking, smithing, alchemy, pottery, and tinkering just would never work for me, dispite how hard I tried. So I think you just have to use type herbalism. It has the same function it seems, you just have to deal with using a cauldron or mortar rather than a cooking pot or the likes. Hope this helps, if not I can try some more tests Smile

Tobias

Archiel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cooking only works to cook raw meat right now. I believe that's unfinished code. You also need a specific fire and a specific meat that only cooks to a specific cooked meat.

A table, where you just add entries would be the coolest thing in the world, except 1.69r.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
showdown

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.7 maybe

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hera

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: Cooking Solution Reply with quote

The cooking solution I came up with was to comment out the cooking command in skill_ke and in the mixedit.cpp file COPY the herbalism command to create a new cooking command that used the mixedit system. Of course, to cook raw meat that's been sliced off a corpse, you'll need a recipe that uses just a slice of raw meat that creates a generic 'fried meat' object or something along those lines.

In Athens we use cooking to take ingredients of low 'full' values and create items of higher 'full' values.

The only question I have on the mix edit system is where does the list of mix types come from?

mixedit.cpp
Code:
show_help( ch, "mixtype" );

I can't seem to find this help file and think that the list that this generates confuses builders as it's not an acurate list of the types of mixes that our mud uses.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Dawn Of Time Forum Index » Configuration/Online Editing All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: