The Dawn Of Time
The Official Forums for the Dawn Of Time Mud Codebase

Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search The Dawn Of Time Forum Index Goto the Official Dawn Website

DG Scripts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Dawn Of Time Forum Index » Migration/Porting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Parallax

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: DG Scripts Reply with quote

Everyone seems to want to add oprogs and rprogs to the current code, but as far as I have seen no one has taken the time to put any progress towards that, so here it is. I plan to try and merge dg scripts for CircleMud and Oasis OLC into Dawn and its built in OLC thus giving us the ability to create, add, remove and edit scripts for rooms/object and a more advanced scripting language for mobs without removing your current mprogs. Anyone who is interested in aiding with this please feel free to contact me at parallax@ajora.net DG scripts are well documented here http://www.builderacademy.net/Oasis_DG_pages/index.html use the menu on the left and look at the trigger type and command reference to get a good idea of how they work.

Daos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi -

Perhaps everyone should remain patient and wait for the 1.69s release. Smile

http://www.dawnoftime.org
Parallax

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And just when can that be expected? Its been almost 17 months (a year and 5 months give or take a few days) since a release has been made, No real talk of a release has been posted, and no real news of devlopment, so why sit and do nothing when there is much that can be done? Frankly I am a capable coder and though it has been a few years since I have taken time to work in C++ or C I see no point in waiting for a release that no one knows anything about.

Daos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi -

I can't disclose or give ETAs on release dates of updated code. In addition, my previous statement has no implications regarding anyone's ability to code on these forums. I've been developing on the dawn code for the last 6 years, and I was simply implying on the amount of time it takes to patch the parent code into a heavily modified source code. If there is a certainty that the next release will have what everyone is wishing to have, why go through the time to write the code & scripts, and then wipe it all out down the road.

There have been numerous instances in which I have halted my oprog engine project because I knew the proficiency of Kalahn's ability, plus being the creator of the codebase, he has a vast knowledge of how Dawn may respond to any code such as oprogs being added.

If you decide to proceed with your project, more power to you, but my advice to the general populous of these forums is to wait for the next release.

http://www.dawnoftime.org
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Dawn Of Time Forum Index » Migration/Porting All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: