The Dawn Of Time
The Official Forums for the Dawn Of Time Mud Codebase

Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search The Dawn Of Time Forum Index Goto the Official Dawn Website

Dawn 1.69s_beta1 PreCompiled Binary available for Windows!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Dawn Of Time Forum Index » 1.69s Beta3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kalahn
Codebase Developer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Dawn 1.69s_beta1 PreCompiled Binary available for Windows! Reply with quote

If you look on the dawn download site you will notice a new folder called beta. (http://www.dawnoftime.org/download/beta/)

Inside this directory, you will find a zip containing a precompiled windows binary for what is pretty close to what will become the next dawn release! (no source code at this stage sorry) This Zip addtionally includes the areas and helps with fixes/additions etc.

I am wanting to get the 1.69s release tested, while at the same time I am not prepared to release the actual source code until its ready. I figure this is the best way, as it gives people the opportunity to test and comment prior to the actual release.

The 1.69s_beta1 release will expire 1May2006 - after this date only immortals will be able to log in. I am however committing to releasing either the full release before this date (less likely) or a beta2 release (more likely).

In terms of what is new in this version, there are a large number of changes, and a change log that is just under 800 lines in length!

A lot of the changes are little things, but the mudprogs are the big feature which has had the most focused work.
Enhancements include:
- Object progs
- The following mudprog triggers on objects - get_pre get_post drop_pre drop_post put_pre put_post wear_pre wear_mid wear_post lookat_pre lookat_post lookin_pre lookin_post container_get_pre container_get_post container_putin_pre container_putin_post
- Some terms are renamed - mudprogs instead of mobprogs. helps refer to mp instead of mob in a prog, also mphelp etc.
- automatic indentation of mudprogs (doesn't sound that amazing, but it is very cool once you see it in action with large progs)
- queued events supported for object progs, can queue further into the future.
- few new mp commands
* such as mp returnmoney - used to return money from a bribe trigger
* mp preventobjectaction - Stops an action occuring with object pretriggers.
- all the fixes reported on the forums + some extra stability fixes.

Nearly every feature listed in the change log will make their way into the 1.69s release... I just noticed a few (such as some advanced weapon skills) which I am planning on reserving for another project I am working on. Sorry, but want to get this out tonight so you werent supposed to see those Wink.

I am seeking people to download, test and contribute in the following ways:
- report any bugs
- submit fixes to the areas
- submit addition helps
- submit other suggestions/feedback etc
I am about to add a new 1.69s beta section... post in there as appropriate for the above things.

If you are looking to run a new mud on windows, using the beta is a perfect candiate if you don't need the flexiblity of changing the source code. Any muds based off the beta release will be compatiable with the final release.

I am happy to release a precompiled statically linked linux and freebsd binaries if there is demand... let me know - also am open to other OS's, just ask.

- Kal

Daos

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kal -

With the release of the win32 binary version of 1.69s_beta1, it would probably be in the best intrest of yourself and and any other that is involved in the testing of the 1.69s if you added an additional forums aiming at possible 1.69s_beta1 bugs & typos, 1.69s_beta1 fixes going into 1.69s_beta2, and incorrectly reported 1.69s_beta1 bugs - This I feel would be the most optimal way of reporting issues rather than you get spammed with pm's or email. Smile

http://www.dawnoftime.org
Kalahn
Codebase Developer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking that at this stage, just posting in the 1.69s Beta1 forum, then if we get enough posts I will look at reorganising things.

- Kal

Aloysius

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: 1.69s Linux beta Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind testing a Linux binary if you could make it available. We are currently running 1.69r with few mods as yet, so it wouldn't be a big deal to switch.

Thanks,
-Aloysius
Dark Tower: Lost Worlds (telnet://sony.dynalias.com:4555)

chaos

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: i am interested Reply with quote

Kalahn I am interested in helping with the beta testing. I have both linux and window xp systems here so let me know.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Dawn Of Time Forum Index » 1.69s Beta3 All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: