The Dawn Of Time
The Official Forums for the Dawn Of Time Mud Codebase

Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search The Dawn Of Time Forum Index Goto the Official Dawn Website

We are back!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Dawn Of Time Forum Index » Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kalahn
Codebase Developer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: We are back! Reply with quote

dawnoftime.org is now back online, which means the return of the website, forums and email!

The dawnoftime.org domainname had expired and due to some antispam changes I made to my email configuration I didn't receive the notifications about the expiry (even though it was using an email outside of dawnoftime.org).

Fortunately, Ixliam re-registered once it became available for "expired domain auctioning" to hold onto the domain and prevent someone taking it and using it for some non-dawn related purpose. Unfortunately the auctioning + 1 year renewal cost $84.21 (as compared to about $9 for a year renewal), I have reimbursed Ixliam and we are in the process of getting the "ownership" transfered back to me.

In terms of where I stand with dawn related things, I don't have the time I once had for dawn... I have a 1 year old son, and a busy real life. I am happy to keep the forums running as long as there is interest (I get free hosting) and stop by from time to time.

I don't particularly want to pay the ongoing domain renewal fees, nor the auction costs even though I have covered them at this stage.

I am going to put up a "paypal donate" page somewhere for a month or so, and give others the chance to help spread the cost between the dawn community... once the US$85 is covered, I will take it down. If we get more than US$85, I will put any extra towards renewing the domain name ahead of time to avoid any chance of this happening again.
If people donate, I am happy to put their names on a page/whatever if they want that. If people want to donate immediately, they can send it via paypal to paypal@dawnoftime.org.

If no-one donates, that is the way it is, I will take the donate option down after a month or so... as I am not interested in making money from dawn.

Welcome back,

- Kal

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Dawn Of Time Forum Index » Announcements All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: