The Dawn Of Time
The Official Forums for the Dawn Of Time Mud Codebase

Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search The Dawn Of Time Forum Index Goto the Official Dawn Website

Letgain Queue Bug

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Dawn Of Time Forum Index » 1.69r fixes implemented in 1.69s beta5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daos

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:54 am    Post subject: Letgain Queue Bug Reply with quote

Hiya -

I haven't written any fix for this yet because I just located the bug. This is what happens.

A player requests letgain using the requestletgain command. You change the name of the player that requested letgain using the rename command. The name in the letgain queue doesn't change even though you change the players name. Now, if a player happens to create a new character under the name that is currently in queue; the letgain queue then commences forth with either the letgain decline or letgain approval on the player that just created.

Arrow First as you can see, the player Cearbhall is not letgained.

Dawn Output:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
/'                                                                            '\
||  Name:    Cearbhall           Born: 18/9/1292                              ||
||  Race:    Merfolk             Age:  56 years, 6 months, 1 week, 3 days     ||
||  Class:   Nightblade          Alliance:  0                                 ||
||  Gender:  Male                Tendency:  0                                 ||
|\-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-/O\-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=/|
|/                               :*:                                          \|
||  Level:      16               :*:     St:  23( 84)/ +7  Co:  20( 35)/ -1   ||
||                           |===:*:===| Qu:  25( 70)/ +9  Ag:  37( 39)/+10   ||
||  XP to Lvl: 699           ''''+++'''' Pr:  28( 39)/+20  Sd:  23( 87)/ -8   ||
||  Experience: 21826            |||     Em:  31( 31)/ -5  Me:  29( 59)/+15   ||
||  RP Score:    6326            |||     In:  21( 91)/ +5  Re:  23( 80)/ +7   ||
|\=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=|||-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=/|
||  Hp:     40/   40             |||     Hitroll:     0                       ||
||  Karn:    3/5                 |||     Damroll: +   1                       ||
||  Mana:  130/  130             |||     AC Pierce: +  4  AC Slash: +  4      ||
||  Move:  190/  190             \_/     AC Magic:  +  4  AC Bash:  +  4      ||
||-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=||
||  Practices:    55    Trains:    35    Subpracs:  0    Subtrains:  0        ||
|\-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=/|
||  Letgained: No       Bonus Pts:  4    Prestige Pts:  0                     ||
||  A Noble:   No      Hero Level:  0  Prestige Level:  0                     ||

Arrow He requests letgain

Dawn Output:
--18:30:30--> Log Cearbhall<0,16>[666120]: requestletgain That cool dude in the corner (requestletgain)

Arrow I check the letgain queue

Dawn Output:
listletgain
-============================== LIST LETGAINS ==============================-
-================================ requested ================================-
   name           lvl date
1 > Cearbhall    -16Sat Apr 11 18:30:30-that cool dude in the corner
-======================= accepted, waiting for login =======================-
   name            date                      moot_amount   by
-======================= declined, waiting for login =======================-
-=================== declined, waiting for reapplication ===================-
-========================= accepted and letgained. =========================-

Arrow I rename Cearbhall to Krow

Dawn Output:
rename cearbhall krow

Arrow I check the letgain queue again, noticing that it didn't change from Cearbhall to Krow

Dawn Output:
listletgain
-============================== LIST LETGAINS ==============================-
-================================ requested ================================-
   name           lvl date
1 > Cearbhall    -16Sat Apr 11 18:30:30-that cool dude in the corner
-======================= accepted, waiting for login =======================-
-======================= declined, waiting for login =======================-
-=================== declined, waiting for reapplication ===================-
-========================= accepted and letgained. =========================-

Arrow I do the offline letgain on Cearbhall of whose name is in the letgain queue.

Dawn Output:
offlet cearbhall 100
Offline letgain on Cearbhall granted with a 100 moot.

Arrow I have another player create a new character under the name of Cearbhall

Dawn Output:
<Krow OOC>: 'i'm more a fan of medium sized experiments'

[2:21am/18:34:09 native 16> 
<Krow OOC>: 'btw, i can't believe how much i'm loving the mud again :D'

[2:23am/18:34:19 native 16> 
--18:34:27--> Newbie alert!  (Cearbhall) a male ogre <0> sighted.
--18:34:27--> Cearbhall@ (socket = 18)

[2:24am/18:34:27 native 16> 
--18:34:31--> Cearbhall has joined the game via telnet. (lvl 1 hero lvl 0 pres lvl 0, remort 0)

Arrow I check the score of Cearbhall to see he is now letgained.

Dawn Output:
score cear
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
/'                                                                            '\
||  Name:    Cearbhall           Born: 7/4/1332                               ||
||  Race:    Ogre                Age:  17 years, 0 months, 0 weeks, 0 days    ||
||  Class:   Mage                Alliance:  0                                 ||
||  Gender:  Male                Tendency:  0                                 ||
|\-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-/O\-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=/|
|/                               :*:                                          \|
||  Level:       1               :*:     St:  26( 26)/+30  Co:  26( 26)/+15   ||
||                           |===:*:===| Qu:  23( 54)/ +7  Ag:  30( 42)/ +5   ||
||  XP to Lvl: 1200          ''''+++'''' Pr:  28( 39)/ -5  Sd:  33( 77)/-10   ||
||  Experience: 1400             |||     Em:  23( 80)/ +2  Me:  20( 78)/ -6   ||
||  RP Score:     100            |||     In:  31( 69)/ -5  Re:  25( 80)/ -6   ||
|\=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=|||-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=/|
||  Hp:     20/   20             |||     Hitroll: +   3                       ||
||  Karn:    3/5                 |||     Damroll: +   6                       ||
||  Mana:  100/  100             |||     AC Pierce: +  3  AC Slash: +  3      ||
||  Move:  100/  100             \_/     AC Magic:  +  4  AC Bash:  +  3      ||
||-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=||
||  Practices:    10    Trains:     5    Subpracs:  0    Subtrains:  0        ||
|\-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=/|
||  Letgained: Yes      Bonus Pts:  0    Prestige Pts:  0                     ||
||  A Noble:   No      Hero Level:  0  Prestige Level:  0                     ||

It didn't cause a crash or anything of the sort, but can be a problem up the road.

http://www.dawnoftime.org
Kalahn
Codebase Developer

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehehe, do_rename() has been enhanced to handle the offline letgain database.

- Kal

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Dawn Of Time Forum Index » 1.69r fixes implemented in 1.69s beta5 All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: