The Dawn Of Time
The Official Forums for the Dawn Of Time Mud Codebase

Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search The Dawn Of Time Forum Index Goto the Official Dawn Website

Beta 5 testing?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
certordin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Beta 5 testing? Reply with quote

Just wondering... Is anyone doing anything with this beta 5?
Cert

Kalahn
Codebase Developer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does seem pretty quiet these days... I have no idea why what appears to be the sudden change.

- Kal

Daos

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi -

I've been conducting various runs on beta 5 every weekend. Since the changes have been implemented with all the fixes from beta 4 and prior releases, I've just been combing for any other potential problems.

http://www.dawnoftime.org
ghen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im using as my code base have yet to find any problems. Only thing i cant figure out is how to code tell to see mob names. any help would be great i programed tells into mobs thel can tell me things but i cant tell them humm

watcher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kalahn wrote:
It does seem pretty quiet these days... I have no idea why what appears to be the sudden change.
- Kal

The codebase 1.69s beta 5, seems pretty solid. Havent found any bugs yet.

Kal, maybe more people will return to dawn and use it more if the following could be done:

1st, Maybe do THE official release of the S codebase to the public. Naturally give it a few more weeks of this beta but seriously think about showing that its really still a ACTIVE codebase. The Dawn Home page indicates that R was the last release around 5+ years ago. When i first signed on to Dawn's home page, that nearly made me leave. There was no indications that I saw that anything had happened for many years. My first thought was "is this codebase dead?" but then fortunately, i signed on the forums and saw that betas were going.

Secondly, maybe since nothing new has been on the homepage for so long, people maybe saying that this mud has been abandoned. Unfortunately muds in general are losing ground to graphical games. So no news on the home page is a possible reason for lack of interest here.

Just my thoughts. I want to see Dawn revived and lots of users again too. Its the very best mud code base out there IMHO.

certordin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

watcher wrote:

So no news on the home page is a possible reason for lack of interest here.
Just my thoughts. I want to see Dawn revived and lots of users again too. Its the very best mud code base out there IMHO.

Well Watcher, that has been addressed now. Kal posted a update on the home page. Nicely done Kal. Maybe it will bring in some new blood. The more people testing vS beta 5, the better.

Kal, I have one suggestion though, maybe you could change vS beta 5 code to eliminate the Immortals only time limit. I know everyone can change it if they know how, but if you get new people, that hard coded immortals only allowed to logon limitation will be a deterrent to them trying it out since as far as i know, that limit has activated in the beta 5. Or has it? Its been a while since i modded, for testing purposes only, that limit off of my copy. Heh.

If you have already recoded the beta 5 code to grant more time or have eliminated the limitation, well ignore this suggestion.

As for the vS beta 5 code, its looking good. I have yet to break it. Don't get much time for testing as i once had though.

Keep up the great work Kal!

Cert

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Dawn Of Time Forum Index » 1.69s Beta5 All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: