The Dawn Of Time
The Official Forums for the Dawn Of Time Mud Codebase

Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search The Dawn Of Time Forum Index Goto the Official Dawn Website

Puzzled, area OLCflag LOADING always on..

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Dawn Of Time Forum Index » 1.69s Beta3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
certordin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Puzzled, area OLCflag LOADING always on.. Reply with quote

Hi -
Long ago when version R came out, I noticed that on a VS .net 2002 version compiled dawn.exe file, that the very last area created ALWAYS has the "LOADING" OLC flag turned on and it only goes away IF a new area is created and then the new area has the LOADING flag permanently on. This is still true here in beta3 of version S. For example, the LOADING olc flag is currently showing on in the wildernessII (the last stock area created apparently) and if i create a new area, it turns off on wildernessII and turns on permanently in my newly created area. SO in closing, the most recently created area always has this loading flag permanently on. IS there any harm in this? Or is this a bug?
Thanks,
Cert

Kalahn
Codebase Developer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OLCAREA_LOADING is a historical flag that isn't actually used for anything by Dawn, it isn't doing any harm, but not required. I will look at removing the flag all together.

Thanks,

- Kal

Kalahn
Codebase Developer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confirming removed in Beta4.

- Kal

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Dawn Of Time Forum Index » 1.69s Beta3 All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: