The Dawn Of Time
The Official Forums for the Dawn Of Time Mud Codebase

Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search The Dawn Of Time Forum Index Goto the Official Dawn Website

beta4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Dawn Of Time Forum Index » 1.69s Beta3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ramuh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: beta4 Reply with quote

out of curiosity Kalahn but any "rough" idea how far along beta4 is? We're all quite patient (sp?) but just curious as you've given us a few different time frames Smile No rush, no hurry as the best code comes without time restraints last I knew.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
watcher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: beta4 Reply with quote

Ramuh wrote:
out of curiosity Kalahn but any "rough" idea how far along beta4 is? We're all quite patient (sp?) but just curious as you've given us a few different time frames Smile No rush, no hurry as the best code comes without time restraints last I knew.

Looks like Kal is having a lot of real life stuff going on these days. Beta3 is immortal logins only on Feb 17th i think it is. Of course, you have the beta 3 source and if worst case comes and Dawn S is majorly delayed, you can use beta3 as your game base for a while by commenting out the code stopping player logins. But if you make a lot of changes and Dawn S finally does get released, its gonna be a real pain to do the changes again in the final Dawn S code. Right now its taking about a month seems like for each edition of dawn. We have Beta4 and RC to go yet before DAWN Official S. So, maybe May/June before you see the final code. Hope its sooner but real life can be demanding at times. My advice, take it or leave it, is just hang on and maybe Kal will have more time for DOT again soon.

Watcher

Ramuh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

completely understandable, production on Pyre went to a near standstill for a few weeks about a month back becasue I was just sorta burnt out and had RL stuff going on.

I'd hope for an earlier release as well but as I said to Kal, no pressure Very Happy Good coding takes a good coder, great coding takes a good coder, time, and a buglist Wink

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ramuh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok just checking but unless I"m mistaken our beta3 is about to expire in like 22 mins (central time).... Hope everything is ok for Kal and I'm glad I don't have players yet.

Alturin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open up the 1.69s-beta3 source, open version.h, and comment out
Code:
#define DAWN_STATIC_BETA_RELEASE
#define DAWN_STATIC_BETA_RELEASE_EXPIRY_DATE (1167436800 + 50*24*60*60 -1)

(e.g., do this:)
Code:
/*
#define DAWN_STATIC_BETA_RELEASE
#define DAWN_STATIC_BETA_RELEASE_EXPIRY_DATE (1167436800 + 50*24*60*60 -1)
*/

watcher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, i vanish for a bit and come back and STILL no next step in the version S process? I am a patient person but am curious now...
Kal can you tell us whats up with you? Are you gonna be able to get back to dawn stuff any time soon? I am using the code with the time limit disabled but hate to mod anything in the code much if something new is coming out in the foreseeable future. If your way too busy right, can you tell us that so that we are no longer expecting any events for the foreseeable future?
Well, hope your alright Kal. Hope to see you on the forums sometime soon hopefully.
Thanks,
Watcher

watcher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Beta4 ? Reply with quote

Any word on the progress of beta4 yet?

Kalahn
Codebase Developer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The feature enhancements are finished... I am just needing to finish the compiler compatibilty enhancements, then it will be released - hopefully the next month or so.

- Kal

Ramuh

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWEET! thanks... the updates really keep us interested between developments.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Dawn Of Time Forum Index » 1.69s Beta3 All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: