The Dawn Of Time
The Official Forums for the Dawn Of Time Mud Codebase

Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search The Dawn Of Time Forum Index Goto the Official Dawn Website

Locker Ponderings...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elestra

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Locker Ponderings... Reply with quote

After a bit of thought, I was wondering if there is anyway at all to make it so that lockers can be changed to fit their surroundings?

Here, I'll make up a random example.

Say there is an RP orphanage and you want to put lockers in there to hold coat items that belong to the orphans(Other player chars) but you want it to look like...."A coat cubby is here"

Would that ever be possible?

It would be great for rp, imho. =)

So if anyone has any idea how to start going about that...mind sharing? I'm stumped!

Kalith

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd think the best way for this would be to have an extra object flag set that when the resets and save checks run through it tags the container and passes the items within it through the reboot/reset.

I can't imagine it'd be impossible to pull off... but it would be a danger to memory space unless buffers are supplied, though I suppose an off-shoot of the locker could could do the deed.

I think I'll have a shot at this myself, even though I'm certainly not an expert coder. Very Happy

- Kalith

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Dawn Of Time Forum Index » Building All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: