The Dawn Of Time
The Official Forums for the Dawn Of Time Mud Codebase

Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search The Dawn Of Time Forum Index Goto the Official Dawn Website

Killing the aspell process

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trell

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Killing the aspell process Reply with quote

So I'm trying to install smarter signal handlers for our mud that are able to restart the mud automatically in the cases of certain types of crashes, and it works pretty well so far. My problem is that while I can shut down the resolver process of the crashing mud process before starting a new resolver for the newly booting mud process, I can't seem to find a way to do the same for the aspell child process, so it leaves an orphan process in memory. So when it crashes, the mud restarts and in the process list I have the main mud process, the resolver process and then two aspell processes. A second crash leaves me with 3 aspell processes, and so on.

Is there a way to shut down the aspell process internally? I've tried calling 'ispell_done()' but doing so prevents the bootup of the new main process for some reason.

Trell

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Hooray for timing Reply with quote

I figured it out with a little luck and playing around. I moved the call to ispell_done() up above where some other things were closed and it works fine now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Dawn Of Time Forum Index » Coding All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: