The Dawn Of Time
The Official Forums for the Dawn Of Time Mud Codebase

Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search The Dawn Of Time Forum Index Goto the Official Dawn Website

creation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Dawn Of Time Forum Index » Getting Started
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moeby

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:19 am    Post subject: creation Reply with quote

Hey guys, I was wondering how I can go about changing the character creation... At the moment the thing I want to change is instead of selecting a race I want to know how to make it say "select role" or similar. Everyone will be human so no races are needed... Could someone explain to me how I can change this? Also any additional advice on changing from races to roles would be greatly appreciated. Oh and I might as well mention that I plan on changing the stats too and any pointers on where to start with that will help.

Trell

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of character generation is located mostly in nanny.h and nanny.cpp under appropriately named functions. For a beginner coder, the path through them can be somewhat dizzying, but in there you should find the function for race selectiion, though the initial prompt for race selection is likely at the bottom of the step before it. Changing those functions though is simple compared to changing races to roles. You would probably be better off leaving races in, and just bypassing the race selection step in nanny, since you'll have to have them as human anyway and will want to be able to control the set up of the human race, and then add in roles as a new system.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Dawn Of Time Forum Index » Getting Started All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: